What is Rocklin Academy?
The Rocklin Academy Family of Schools are public, tuition free, charter schools, developed by parents and teachers. Our Rocklin Academy schools (k-6) are sponsored by the Rocklin Unified School District and Western Sierra Collegiate Academy, (grades 6-12) is sponsored by the State Board of Education.
The Rocklin Academy Family of Schools are public charter schools that embody high standards, parent partnership, rich core content and collaborative use of data resulting in high quality teaching and learning in a nurturing environment.
All students achieve their personal best and will become productive, compassionate and engaged citizens.
Five Core Beliefs That Will Impact Student Achievement (Adopted by the RA Board of Directors-11/14/11 revised 6-18-12)
- The future we want to create includes a community of leaders who have strong shared beliefs and values that all students have the ability to learn at high levels and the expectations of our organization/schools to meet or exceed that level.
- The future we want to create includes a community of leaders who are data savvy; they embrace and monitor data, and use it to drive continuous improvement.
- The future we want to create includes a community of leaders who have a collaborative relationship and establish a strong communication structure to inform and engage both internal and external stakeholders in setting and achieving district-wide student learning and achievement goals.
- The future we want to create includes a community of leaders who are knowledgeable, ethical, responsible, critical thinking, and engaged members of society.
- The future we want to create includes a community of leaders who utilize research based, varied, differentiated and effective instructional practices to ensure all students learn at high levels.